Your Dyson's Cleaner Head is a critical component of your system's cleaning power. Maintaining the brush roll and inspecting for clogs is important to keep your machine running at maximum capacity.
The rating of this product is 0 out of 5
Available in store
DYSON DC41 ANIMAL CLEANER-HEAD MAINTENANCE AND REPLACEMENT GUIDE
Your Dyson's Cleaner Head is a critical component of your system's cleaning power. Maintaining the brush roll and inspecting for clogs is important to keep your machine running at maximum capacity. Without proper maintenance, your cleanerhead may experience failure and need to be replaced. This can happen naturally over time as well. Replacing your DC41 cleaner head is as simple as a couple snaps.
1. Remove Fastener. The small red fastener can be easily removed and set aside.
2. Remove the Cleaner Head. After fastener is removed, the cleaner head should come off easily.
2. Removing Bottom Plate. Loosen the thumb screws on either side of the cleaner head.
3. Untangling the Brushroll. Using your hand and scissors, untangle debris and fibers from the brushroll. Over time, if your brushroll becomes congested your brushroll could fail and require replacement.
4. Re-attach the Bottom Plate. Align 3 tabs on the front of the cleaner head, and reattach.
5. Fasten the Bottom Plate Screws. Tighten the thumb screws on either side of the cleaner head.
6. Replace the Fastener. Reattach the red cleaner head fastener to the cleaner head before attaching to the machine.
7. Re-attach the Cleaner Head. Attach the cleaner head to the machine. You will hear a positive "click" to know it has been connected properly.
If your cleaner head is no longer functioning correctly, it may need to be replaced. The proper cleaner head for your machine is listed below. If you have any other questions regarding maintaining your machine, refer to our other guides, or contact us.